Tuesday 30 July 2013

END DAYZ - THE HITCHHIKER STRAIN BK0.5 BY KELLIE SHERIDAN

ASIN:  B00AX2BICY
Series: The Hitchhiker Strain
Publisher: Patchwork Press
Pages/File Size: 39pages/187KB
Formats Available: E-Book

BLURB from Goodreads
It's month after the dead first began to walk. The miracle vaccine that was supposed to save us all has failed.

Now, four teens fight to stay alive as a stronger, smarter breed of zombie begins to appear, threatening to end humanity for good.

Four short stories, 11,000 words total.

Prequel to Mortality.


MY REVIEW
I was accepted to receive an e-copy of this prequel novella from Netgalley.
This prequel takes the form of four mini novellas concentrating on four main characters. Pierre, a young man from the UK over in America checking out different universities/colleges such as Yale and Harvard. 
Then there's Belle, the daughter of Mayor Paulson, protected from the awful incidents as much as possible by her father but it really hits home one day when one of her friends is literally orphaned by the infected killing both her parents.
Next is Alex, and finally Zack.
The mini novellas are either done in a letter from to a loved one or in a "keeping a diary" format talking about the horror's of the virus and those that become infected by it.
The mini novellas are like little individual stories setting the scene for the main novel Mortality, The Hitchhiker Strain BK#1.
So did I enjoy the novella? I totally loved it, what a fantastic introduction ans scene setting for the main book.  Would I recommend the novella? Yes, as it sets the scene perfectly and you learn about just four of the amazing characters from the main book. I'd recommend reading it before Bk#1, that way you have the background knowledge of those four characters going into BK#1. Will I go on to read BK#1?  I started it as soon as I finished the novella, I was seriously desperate to know much more! Would I read other books by this Author? I do have another book by Kellie Sheridan on my kindle so I guess the answer is yes!

PURCHASE LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment