Tuesday 2 July 2013

CROSSING THE LINE - PUSHING THE LIMITS BK#1.5 BY KATIE MCGARRY

ASIN: B00AWRCRZW
Series: Pushing The Limits
Publisher: Harlequin Teen/Mira Ink
Pages/File Size: 67 pages/223KB
Formats Available: E-Book

BLURB from Goodreads
In this gripping novella, Katie McGarry tells the story of Lila and Lincoln, who discover that sometimes it’s worth crossing the line for love…

Lila McCormick, Echo's best friend from Pushing the Limits, first met Lincoln Turner when tragedy struck both their lives. But she never expected their surprise encounter would lead to two years of exchanging letters—or that she’d fall for the boy she’s only seen once. Their relationship is a secret, but Lila feels closer to Lincoln than anyone else. Until she finds out that he lied to her about the one thing she depended on him for the most.

Hurting Lila is the last thing Lincoln wanted. For two years, her letters have been the only thing getting him through the day. Admitting his feelings would cross a line he’s never dared breach before. But Lincoln will do whatever it takes to fix his mistakes, earn Lila’s forgiveness—and finally win a chance to be with the girl he loves.

MY REVIEW
I actually won this novella in a Giveaway held by Julie Belfield!
The UK cover (above left) is okay though I do think that the US cover with the two characters on it represents the book much better. The UK cover to me suggests quite a “dark” tale unlike the book.
This novella is based on two main characters Lila and Lincoln. They met briefly before and have both lost someone very dear to them that were in the military. They instantly connected and knew what the other was feeling so they’ve been writing to each other, making plans for their future together. Lila totally trust Lincoln, up until she finds out that he has lied to her about graduating, which puts all their plans in disarray.
Lincoln desperately want to fix the distrust that Lila now has in him and get their special relationship back on track . He is willing to do anything to graduate so their plans can come to fruition, he just needs to get Lila to believe in him.
Lincoln drives all the way over to Lila’s home. Lila’s home alone and is scared as she keeps hearing noises outside the house. Who or what is it? Will Lila even give Lincoln chance to explain? Can they ever be the same again?
I liked the main characters of Lincoln and Lila and how they were communicating via “old – fashioned” letters rather than just texting or facebook etc. Part of the novella is the letters that they wrote to each other which whilst I liked it, it kind of irritated me at times too. I wanted the novella to move a little faster than it did. I’ve not had this problem with Katie McGarry’s other books in this series.
So did I enjoy this novella? Yes I did. Would I recommend the novella? It’s not an absolute must read, as part of the series but it is an enjoyable novella and story on it’s own merit too.  Also if you seriously can't wait for the next book, a novella just gives you a little taster of the style and flavour of the series to keep you going. Would I want to read more of this series? Of course I do, I’ve read Pushing the Limits and thought Katie couldn’t possibly top it but she did with Dare You To, so of course now I am seriously looking forward to Crash Into You. I like the way she ties in the older characters with the new ones. I am definitely looking forward to reading more of Isaiah’s story.  Would I read other books by Katie McGarry? Oh yes, I’d certainly be taking a close look at any books by her.

Purchase Link

No comments:

Post a Comment