Monday 18 March 2013

EXCERPT - BLOOD MOON BY HOLLY HUNT


EXCERPT

"Enough, Olivia," a familiar voice hissed.

I stopped, shocked and scared to stillness. I started to cry as the goddess stood in the grass, kicking Charlie's body aside and sauntering over to me.

"Thank you, children of the sky," Alsvinth purred, resting a hand on the shoulder of each harpy. They let me go as she touched them. "My, Olivia. How you've grown."

I was still. I couldn't even think.

"Well, not really. You don't age anymore, do you?" She grinned. "Like me, eternally beautiful."

The creature in a woman's skin touched my forehead, and I couldn't even flinch from her cold, dead fingertips.

"No matter. You will become my second-in-charge. You have been so faithful as to convince the rogue to kill himself to strengthen me." She kissed my forehead. "Dear Olivia," she said as the obliviousness of her mind control took me, threw me to the wolves.

"You are mine." 

No comments:

Post a Comment