Saturday 2 March 2013

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - PEMBROKE SINCLAIR



What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My pen name is Pembroke Sinclair, and I was born in Rock Springs, Wyoming, and I now live in Laramie, Wyoming.  I went to college here, and then never left.  Laramie is a wonderful place that is close to outdoor activities and big cities.  I really enjoy it here!

Did it take a long time to get your first book published?
You could say that.  I think I received close to 100 rejections before it was picked up by eTreasures Publishing.  I started the book in high school, then stopped working on it so I could finish college.  I didn’t pick it up again until I was in my late 20s, then revised it several times and sent it out.  All in all, it took about a decade from start to finish to get Coming from Nowhere published.

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
I have to.  Otherwise, the bills wouldn’t get paid.  But I enjoy my job so it’s all right!

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I have several books coming out soon.  Two in April, including a middle grade book called “The Ifs” and an adult urban fantasy novel called “Wucaii.”  At some point in 2013, I also have two children’s books scheduled for publication.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Currently, I’m working on the sequel to “The Ifs,” then I plan on another YA book and some more zombie novels in the future!

Do you have a favourite out of the books you have written? If so why is it your favourite?
Life After the Undead is probably my favorite.  It was really fun to write and I like watching Krista grow from a spoiled teen into a survivalist.  Plus, I think my bad guy is super creepy and he was fun to write!

Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?ie. Your partner, children, friends, reviewers you know?
I have several people read them before I send them out for submissions.  My husband takes the time to comment on them, and I send them to a couple of beta readers.  Having outside opinions is invaluable to make sure I’m getting my point across to readers and that they can understand the story!

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
I do.  If anyone is interested, they just need to contact me!

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
At this point, yes.  But only because there aren’t  that many and it’s not hard to get through the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment