Sunday 19 July 2020

REVIEW - ALWAYS BE MY BABY BY MARY TING

Title: Always Be My Baby
Author: Mary Ting
Genre: Contemporary
Release Date: 18th June 2020

BLURB from Goodreads
Cammy is so furious when she catches her boyfriend kissing another girl at a frat party that she storms out of her own apartment. Letting go of your first love is not an easy thing to do, and he makes it harder by swearing he’s innocent and trying to win her back. But when Cammy meets Grayson Parker, he shows her how different some guys can be. Can Cammy trust her boyfriend and give him another chance? Or will she allow Grayson to heal her wounds and erase the scars?


PURCHASE LINKS

REVIEW
I just fancied a short read and have read other books by this author, though not in this contemporary genre. I love the image on the cover and remember a character in another book saying she would know when she was when love as when she kissed her true love her leg would kick up. That is what I immediately thought of when I saw the cover!!

The main female character in the book is Cammy, who has been dating her boyfriend Lucas for quite a while. There is a difficult discussion looming about what they will be doing next as their “next steps” in their careers with have them living in totally different area’s and having to cope with a long-distance relationship. However, before that happens Cammy walks in at a party a little later than expected and spots her boyfriend Lucas, kissing another a girl!

Cammy isn’t sure what to do. On one hand her relationship with Lucas is something she feels she wants to hold onto. Then she is unexpectedly asked to join a study group by the rather hot guy called Grayson Parker. According to Cammy’s roommate all the girls have been after Grayson. It becomes apparent that Grayson cares for Cammy as more than “just a friend” but he is very gentlemanly and doesn’t put any pressure on Cammy to make a decision.
When Cammy becomes ill both suitors reveal their individual “caring” sides which end up making her decision much easier about who she feels she wants to be with.

My immediate thoughts upon finishing the novella were I just fancied a short read and have read other books by this author, though not in this contemporary genre. I love the image on the cover and remember a character in another book saying she would know when she was when love as when she kissed her true love her leg would kick up. That is what I immediately thought of when I saw the cover!!


To sum up I really enjoyed this novella, it was short, sweet and had a happy ending. Once I started reading, I didn’t stop until the end! I had to know what decision Cammy would make. At times I felt like shouting at Cammy about who to choose. I would definitely read more from Mary Ting in this contemporary genre. The novella did also make me think about why there are so many Lucas characters in the world and not enough Grayson’s.



No comments:

Post a Comment