Saturday 23 February 2013

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - HANNA PEACH



When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
I’m still waiting! Haha. Before he passed away, my writing mentor (who published 21 books in his career) said that he was still waiting for the moment when he felt like a proper “writer”.

Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?
So many authors influence me for so many different reasons. But just to name a few… JK Rowling, Cassandra Clare and Erin Morgenstern for their world building. Epic, complex and deep enough to get lost in.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Angelfire is book 1 of a fantasy/paranormal series of 6 planned books called Dark Angel. I can’t wait to write them all so I can share with you what happens!



Do you have a favourite character from your books? and why are they your favourite?
There’s something weirdly fun about trying to understand the motivations and justifications of ‘evil’ characters. I have the most fun with Michael but he is not my favourite character – ugh, some of the things he does is just straight-out creepy. Does this say something about my hidden mental state? Errr, I hope not! Haha.
I also love the RaceKeeper – he is so amoral and self-interested but neither ‘good’ nor ‘bad’. Even I’m never sure whether he’s going to do something to help Alyx or to hinder her. This makes him unpredictable and totally fun to write.

If you had to choose to be one of your characters in your book/books which would you be? and why?
Alyx for sure. She can fly, kick-butt and she gets to play with weapons.

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
Haha, Yes! Alyx is her own person but she definitely has some of my (worst and best) traits. And as for Israel… he maaaay have some qualities of some of the men that have touched my life (and my heart) along the way. From little things (the scar across his lip) to big things (Israel’s need to prove himself worthy of Alyx). But as for naming names… I never kiss and tell ;)

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
1. Keep writing.
2. Keep reading and learning from the books you love but also from the books you hate.
3. Experiment. Break the rules. But be honest with yourself about what works and what doesn’t.
3 ½. Stop reading this and get back to writing!

Where can readers follow you?

Your Web site?

Your Facebook page? 

No comments:

Post a Comment