Monday 30 July 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - KATIE MCGARRY



What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My name is Katie McGarry and I was born in Louisville, Kentucky (United States of America) and it is where I still live.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
Pushing the Limits is the name of my debut novel. Two teens work together to discover the secrets in their files but neither foresaw the consequences of falling in love.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre? 
Dare You To will be released in 2013. This book will continue the series by following the journey of Beth, a secondary character from Pushing the Limits. This is a story that has a very special place in my heart.

Do you have a favourite character from your books? and why are they your favourite?
While I love Echo and Noah, I have to say that Beth and Isaiah have captured my heart. Beth and Isaiah are so raw and real. I can’t wait for everyone to read their books as well.

Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?ie. Your partner, children, friends, reviewers you know?
Yes. I call my husband my alpha reader. He listens to my ideas and then is the first to read my writing. I have a close friend who isn’t a writer that I have read my stuff to see if it makes sense. She’s good at picking out parts that don’t work. Then I have my critique group. I absolutely love and adore them. I have no idea what I would do without all of these wonderful people.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?
Coming up with the character names for Pushing the Limits was fun. I knew my heroine’s mom loved Greek mythology so I read lots of myths until I found ones that seemed perfect. Echo is my heroine’s name and her brother’s name is Aires.

Have you ever suffered from a "writer's block"? What did you do to get past the "block"?
Yes. More than I care to admit. I often listen to music and go for long walks.

What is your favourite book and Why?  Have you read it more than once?
I have two: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton and The Stand by Stephen King. I’ve read The Outsiders so much I have the first page memorized.

Where can readers follow you?
Readers can follow me at my website: www.katielmcgarry.com, on twitter @katiemcgarry, and become a fan on Facebook or Goodreads. I also blog every couple of weeks at www.yafusion.com.
Thank you so much for allowing me this opportunity! 

Thankyou for taking the time to do the Interview for my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment