Friday 6 July 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - CAROLINE GREEN






What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say? 
My latest book is called Cracks and is about a boy called Cal who discovers that his entire life is based on a lie.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre? 
Both my books so far are thrillers but quite different in other ways. I hope I can keep on having variety in my writing.

How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books? Who designed the Cover of your books? 
Titles have been relatively easy so far but I am currently completely stuck on a title for the one I’m working on! I don’t have much to do with cover design but have loved both my covers ,for Dark Ride and for Cracks. A very talented designer called Simon Davis does this for my publisher, Piccadilly Press.

Have you ever suffered from a "writer's block"? What did you do to get past the "block"? 
Oh yes...often. It terrifies the life out of me to be honest. I have to force myself not to panic. I make notes and diagrams and try to find my way round what’s blocking me. Sometimes you have to walk away from the piece of work in question for the answer to become clear.

Did you read a lot at school and write lots of stories or is being a writer something newer in your life? 
 I’ve always read like a demon. When I was a child I loved to write and then I came back to it about ten years ago.

Do you have a treasured book from your childhood? If yes, what is it? 
I don’t have a copy of this book, but I adored The Didakoi by Rumer Goden as a child. It made a huge impression on me.

Is there anything in your book/books you would change now if you could and what would it be? 
Not really. You would drive yourself mad if you tried to mentally edit books once they were published.

If you could invite three favourite writers to dinner, who would you invite and enjoy chatting with? 
JKR, Suzanne Collins and Andy Stanton. But I think Andy Stanton would be so funny, I’d be in danger of choking on my dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment