Sunday 1 July 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - JASON W CHAN



How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
Not very long. My latest one, Soul Mates, took only 3 months from conception to final draft. I'm a fast writer, so as soon as I figure out what to write, I get to work.


What genre would you place your books into?
In a general sense, I would call mine love stories, but they're also stories of hope and inspiration. I want my readers to feel great after reading one of my stories.

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
I've been writing for 4 years now. At that point in my life, I had no direction. I was lost. So I asked myself what I was doing with all my time. It turned out I was watching a lot of movies and reading a lot of novels. So I thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice if I could make a living doing that?

What do you do to unwind and relax?Do you have a hobby?
I like to read and watch movies. 
Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?There have been many. I learned about the art of subtlety from Alice Munro, lyrical beauty from Anita Shreve and folksy conversational prose from Stephen King.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?

I like both ebooks and paperbooks. Ebooks, because they're the future and it's convenient. Paperback, because I like the feel of it in my hands.


What is your favourite book and Why?  Have you read it more than once?
I would have to say Body Surfing, by Anita Shreve. It was the first time I discovered the beauty of Shreve's prose. That novel was a page-turner for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment