Tuesday 7 May 2013

EXCERPT - BROKEN SECRETS IN MADISON FALLS BY RACHEL HANNA


EXCERPT

“You should never be judged for that, Bella. You couldn’t help that. I think you’re too hard on yourself.”

“Oh, really? I don’t think I’m hard enough on myself.”

“Why do you want to punish yourself?” he asked.

“Who says I’m punishing myself?” It was getting way too real for Bella.

“It’s obvious, Bella. You deserve good things. A good life. People who love you…”

“I’ve made some big mistakes in my life, Grant. You have no idea who you’re talking to. I don’t deserve nearly as much as you think.”

“Have you murdered someone?”

“Of course not.”

“Stolen?”

“Nope.”

“Then you deserve whatever kind of second chance you need. End of story. Now come on…” he said as he took her empty cup and threw it away. Grabbing her hand, he pulled her down the sidewalk and into the pavilion that was blaring with music. Without warning, Grant pulled her close and started dancing with her. Thankfully, the music was fast, and she was a pretty good dancer. They laughed as they danced, and for once Bella felt like her real world was miles away.



No comments:

Post a Comment