Wednesday 11 January 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - ROSALIE LARIO BY RACHEL OF RAI29BOOKREADNREVIEW



1. What is your name and where do you call home? 

My name is Rosalie Lario and I’m the author of two separate paranormal romance series: the Demons of Infernum, featuring half-demon brothers who work as interdimensional bounty hunters, and The Fallen Warriors, featuring fallen angels on a mission to save Earth. I live in the sunny (and oft oppressively hot) locale of Florida.

2. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say? 
Touch of the Angel, #3 in the Demons of Infernum series, released in December 2011. After a half demon bounty hunter falls for a succubus, he’s forced to bring down the madman hellbent on destroying them.

4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? 
This is the third book in a four-part series featuring half demon brothers who work as interdimensional bounty hunters. There’s also a separate novella releasing in January 2012, which features an incubus friend of the brothers.

5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I’ve been obsessed with the paranormal since I read Anne Rice at the age of ten, and with romance beginning at the age of thirteen. I always wondered what it would be like to write one. Finally I decided to go for it almost four years ago, and I’ve been obsessed ever since!

6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
Yes I do. Reviews are like gold to authors!

7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book? 
Entangled Publishing’s cover artist, Heather Howland, designed the cover based on information I gave her about the characters’ descriptions. She’s also read each book and incorporated elements from the story in the cover, which is pretty clear to anyone who reads the book!

8. Which is your favourite cover of all the books you have written?

Oh man, this is a hard one, because they’re all so great. I think the cover for Heart of the Incubus is my favorite, and that’s solely because I love the color red!

9. Is there anything you would change about your book covers? 
No, I love them all!

10. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
I think it’s pretty normal to see a little something you’d like to change every time you re-read your story. Just a word here and there. I’m as guilty of that as any other author.  

11. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers? 
I love book trailers. I don’t exactly know that they sell more books, but they’re fun to watch! However, they’re also time-consuming to make, and I haven’t been blessed with the talent for creating them. So no, I don’t have a book trailer for any of my books...yet.

12. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks? 
I love them all, but e-books are quickly starting to overtake the rest!

13. Are you a self-published / Indie author? 
Yes, The Fallen Warriors is a series of self-published erotic romance novellas.

14. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it? 
Absolutely, I’ve got a small collection of books that really move me, and I’ll re-read them whenever I feel like experiencing their magic again. Among them are any of the books in Karen Moning’s Highlander series, Teresa Medeiros’ Heather and Velvet, and any of the books in Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress series (particularly Books 2-4).

15. Have you ever bought a specific edition of a book because of it’s cover? (For example a UK, US or Canadian version) 
Yes! I’ve bought a few re-released books based on cover alone.

16. Have you ever read a book just based on it’s cover?
Yes. Sometimes it’s paid off (that’s how I discovered my all-time faves Karen Moning and Teresa Medeiros), and other times it hasn’t.

17. Has the quality of the cover of a book ever put you off of reading it? 
I’m just as affected by the visual as the next girl. I’m sure there are many good books that I didn’t buy because the covers didn’t speak to me.

18. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m currently reading two books. My worn and tattered paperback of Teresa Medeiros’ Heather and Velvet is sitting near my bath (my favorite place to read), and Amazon Awakening by Caridad Piñeiro is on my Kindle.

19. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Never give up. It may take awhile to get published, but keep at it. Your writing will improve with practice, and if you want it—if you really, really want it—you will become a published author.

20. Where can your readers follow you?



Goodreads author page: www.goodreads.com/rosalie_lario  






No comments:

Post a Comment