1. What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
A) Hildie McQueen, I was born in Baja California, Mexico.
2. Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
A) I was a bit of a strange kid, I wanted to be a soldier/mercenary!
3. When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
A) Almost as soon as I began to write my stories, I considered myself a writer. It’s something I will always do, no matter what.
4. Did it take a long time to get your first book published?
A) It took me about three years to get publishes, mostly because it was hard for me to share my writing, I was scared to death someone might actually read it! (laughs)
5. Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
A) I have been either a member of the Armed Services (Army) or supporting them, I am still working full time in support of the Department of Defense. I write somewhere between 1-3 hours a day.
6. What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?
A) Desperate Betrayal is my latest book, I would summarize it with the fact that Sometimes betrayal is the only way to save the one you love.
7. Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
A) I am published with Crescent Moon Press, they have been great, I love my editor. www.crescentmoonpress.com
8. How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
A) From start to completed manuscript, it takes three months, but there are times when it takes longer depending on my storyline and whether or not I can get it to flow.
9. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
A) The second book, Desperate Surrender is with my editor. I am hoping for a late Spring 2012 release.
10. What genre would you place your books into?
A) I write paranormal romance, but I do have a western romance that I’m currently working on.
11. Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?
A) Yes. I have two beta readers and a critique partner. Of course my editor too.
13. What do you do to unwind and relax?
A. I read almost every night, I also love to surf the web.
14. Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
A) Of course not. I have two electronic readers and still have to hold a book every now and then.
Where can readers follow you?
Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4997442.Hildie_McQueen
And any other information you wish to supply?
Thank you so much for hosting me on your blog today! I’m excited to get to know new people all the time. An except of my book is available at http://www.crescentmoonpress.com/books/DesperateBetrayal.html