Friday 11 July 2014

PROMOTIONAL SPOTLIGHT - DYING DAYS 4 BY ARMAND ROSAMILIA

Title: Dying Days 4
Series: Dying Days
Author: Armand Rosamilia
Release Date: 19th June 2014

What's being said About The Book
The fourth in the "Dying Days" series... 

"Level up with Rosamilia's take on smarter, scarier zombies! They don't sleep and neither will you. Read this now!" ~ Robert Chazz Chute, author of This Plague of Days 

"Armand Rosamilia has masterly crafted a unique zombie book with many moving parts. Dying Days 4 should be on every zombie fanatics TBR list" ~ Mark Tufo, author of the Zombie Fallout series 

"With Dying Days 4, Armand Rosamilia continues to carve his own glorious path through the zombie apocalypse. His unique blend of sex and violence, well-rendered melancholy and tough as nails, pedal to the metal can do attitude makes for a story that gets it all just right. Rosamilia is a bright light for a dark country, and one of a handful of writers I know I can turn to when I want to have the crap scared out of me. He's that good" ~ Joe McKinney, Bram Stoker Award-winning author of Dead City and Plague of the Undead


Goodreads Link


BUY LINKS

REST OF SERIES
Title: Dying Days 1
Series: Dying Days
Author: Armand Rosamilia
Release Date: 25th January 2012

BLURB from Goodreads
Sunny Florida, beautiful beaches, no traffic on A1A... Zombies roaming the dunes in search of the living... Darlene Bobich in a fight to survive, find food, safety and ammo for her Desert Eagle before its too late... Dying Days are upon us... The Undead Roam the Earth... Searching for the Living... To Eat... To Feast... To Rip Apart... Extreme Violence... Extreme Sexual Situations... Extreme Undead... Continuing the Darlene Bobich story begun in "Darlene Bobich: Zombie Killer..". And soon to be an independent film


BUY LINKS


Title: Dying Days 2
Series: Dying Days
Author: Armand Rosamilia
Release Date: 8th March 2012

BLURB from Goodreads
Dying Days 2

St. Augustine, the oldest city in what used to be America… now an apocalyptic wasteland, where undead fight over the scraps…

For Darlene Bobich and the remaining survivors it will be the ultimate test… zombies surrounding them, zombies coming from the ocean, across the Bridge of Lions… undead searching in eternal hunger…


BUY LINKS

Title: Dying Days 4
Series: Dying Days
Author: Armand Rosamilia
Release Date: 23rd May 2013

BLURB from Goodreads
Flagler Beach Florida is a wasteland of ruin and gore, looted and picked clean of supplies… and now, Darlene Bobich and the other survivors have an even bigger problem…

What could be worse than a mindless zombie horde? They are about to find out. 

Continuing the zombie series, "Dying Days"… extreme situations, extreme violence, extreme undead


BUY LINKS

Armand Rosamilia has written many other titles too, here is the link to his Author Page


AUTHOR INTERVIEW


What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
Armand Rosamilia, born in Newark New Jersey and currently living in Jacksonville Florida

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
I've wanted to be an author since I was 12 and started reading Dean Koontz books.

When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
At 18 I had my first 'sale' but it was just a free side-stapled Xeroxed fanzine. But it ran my story, "Beastie," and I was hooked. 

Did it take a long time to get your first book published?
It took me until I was in my thirties to get my first longer piece published. Before that was sporadic short story sales. 

Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
I am a full-time author. I have been blessed for the last three years I am able to living this dream. 

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
"Dying Days 4"... extreme zombies, who are now starting to smarten up. You thought they were tough before?

Who is your publisher? or do you self publish?
For my "Dying Days" series I self-publish. But I also work with small press publishers for releases as well. 

Do you have a "lucky charm" or "lucky routine" you follow when waiting for your book to be accepted by a publisher?
I do a lot of begging to the Writing Gods to let this one be the big sale I've been begging for... 

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
That is hard to say, because I work on 3-5 projects at once. My daily goal is 2,000 words. It depends on what I'm writing.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I'll have several more "Dying Days" releases coming out, but also horror novels as well as contemporary fiction, thrillers, erotica, horror erotica... I write a lot and in many genres

What genre would you place your books into?
Horror... zombie books

What made you decide to write that genre of book?
Brian Keene's "The Rising" was it for me... once I read it I had to try my own zombie tale.

Do you have a favourite character from your books? and why are they your favourite?
Tosha Shorb from "Dying Days" might be my favorite. She's a tough redhead who uses her sexuality to get what she wants, even during a zombie apocalypse. 

Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair?
I have my office and I try to be in my chair by no later than 9 am. Once the coffee kicks in I can begin writing. I try for my 2,000 word daily goal and then I can promote and do everything else. 

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
I often do giveaways and contests on my blog or on Facebook and give away coupons for free eBooks and audio books and hope readers will take the time to review them, which is so important for authors. 

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
I don't read any of them. Nothing good can come of it. 

Would you ever ask a reviewer to change their review if it was not all positive about your book/books?
Only if I wanted to destroy my career. Everyone has an opinion and not everyone will love you work. I have thick skin at this point. My books sell well and people who like them tell me by buying more of my books. 

How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
"Dying Day" was actually the name of a goofy movie my friends and i filmed when we were in high school, about a serial killer. When i first gave the title to the cover artist, Ash Arceneaux, she put "Dying Days"... I liked it better. I've used her for most of my covers and love the new one. 

Do you decide on character traits (ie shy, quiet, tomboy girl) before writing the whole book or as you go along?
I always pick three traits for each character, no matter how minor. They can be physical or personality traits. 

Do you basic plot/plan for your book, before you actually begin writing it out? Or do you let the writing flow and see where it takes the story?
I am a Pantser. I cannot outline because it falls apart too quickly, The story writes itself if it is good. 

What do you do to unwind and relax?Do you have a hobby?
I watch a few shows on TV. I like to read. I hang out with my kids and my fiance. I bowl on Tuesday nights to get out of the house. 

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
Always. The stories I write are filled with conversations and people I've met. The fun part for the reader is seeing if you can find all of them. 

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
As an author I like every format and hope they all sell well. As a reader I like a print book but I also own a Kindle. 

What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
I just finished "Devourer of Souls" by Kevin Lucia and loved it. I read it on my Kindle. 

Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
No. There is plenty of room for multiple formats. 

Are there any New Authors you are interested in for us to watch out for? and Why should we watch out for them?
I love reading indie authors like Mark Tufo, Robert Chazz Chute, Frank Edler... I could go on and on. They all bring something unique to the table.

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Read everything you can, especially out of the genre you are writing. Learn from it. 

Do you or would you ever use a pen name?
I use a pen name for my erotica line. 

If you could invite three favourite writers to dinner, who would you invite and enjoy chatting with?
Brian Keene, Dean Koontz and Joe McKinney.

Where can readers follow you?


No comments:

Post a Comment