Sunday 29 December 2013

PROMOTION & INTERVIEW - HOW TO COOK UP A DISASTER - DIY DATING BOOK ONE BY RACHEL ELIZABETH COLE


BLURB from Goodreads
Her mother is in labour. 
The guests are due to arrive any minute for her great-grandfather's 100th birthday party. 
And she hasn't a clue how to cook a turkey. 
Why did the man of her dreams have to show up on her doorstep now?
Sadie Dawson is overwhelmed--and that's putting it lightly--but with the help of her two best friends she just might pull it off and land Mr. Right too.

***A novelette of approximately 11,000 words or 44 pages***


PURCHASE LINKS



AUTHOR INTERVIEW



When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
I think I was six or seven years old when I first starting thinking of myself as a writer. I loved to draw and I loved to make up stories for my drawings. I created my first picture book around that age, “The Little House in Backwards Town,” and bound it with cardboard covers from a cracker box. So I’ve pretty much always considered myself a writer. But I didn’t consider myself an “author” until I had my first short story, Listen to the Rain, published in 2003.

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Yup and yup. This book is the first in The DIY Dating series that follows three friends, Sadie, Fen, and April, as they navigate adulthood, romance, and friendship—all with hilarious results. Book Two, How to Knit a Tangled Mess, will be available Spring 2013.

How do you come up with the Title for your book/books?
Titles come to me any number of ways. Sometimes a catchy title pops into my head and I just have to write a story to go with it. This happened with my yet-to-be-published middle-grade novels: The Rabbit Ate My Homework and Evil Teddy Bears Are Plotting to Take Over the World.
If a title doesn't come to me before the story is completed, I'll go back after the fact and comb through it to find a descriptive phrase or line that fits the story.
Listen to the Rain and For Good or For Bad were both titled this way. Sometimes I choose a symbol, image, or object that represents the story like I did with The Perfect Ring and Fallen Leaves
.

Who designed the Cover of your books?
I design my own covers. Along with being a writer, I’m also a book cover designer. You can check out my work here: http://www.litteradesigns.com

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
I probably shouldn’t, but I do. It can be quite disappointing to learn a reader didn’t enjoy one of my stories and a bad review can leave me feeling pretty down in the dumps. But when one of my stories really touches a reader or they really connect with the characters or it just gives them a good laugh, then it really makes it worthwhile.

Would you ever ask a reviewer to change their review if it was not all positive about your book/books?
No, never. Every reviewer is entitled to their opinion.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook, hardback, or paperback?
I actually don’t have a preference. Lately, I’ve been reading a lot of ebooks because they’re just so easy to download. No need to go out to the bookstore or library!

Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
Nope. I think they’ll eventually replace most mass market paperbacks, but I think there will always be a market for hardcover and trade paperbacks.

Did you have a favourite author as a child?
Gordon Korman. I still love his books. To this day, my favourite book of his is I Want to Go Home, seconded only by No More Dead Dogs.

Do you have a favourite genre of book?
I enjoy a lot of genres, including chick lit, women’s fiction, young adult (especially dystopian), historical fiction, and literary fiction. But my absolute, most favourite genre ever has to be humorous contemporary middle grade.

Where can readers follow you?

Your Blog Details?

Your Web Site?

Your Facebook Page?

Your Goodreads Author Page?

Your Twitter Details?

Your Amazon Author Page?

No comments:

Post a Comment