Thursday 29 August 2013

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - INGER IVESON


How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?
Normally, I get an idea for a book from a dream or daydream, and then I think of who I could place in that world. With Immortal Heart, I decided that the readers needed to know that Kale had a life before he met Ella and that Sola was a part of that life.

What do you think about book trailers?
I love book trailers. They give the book a real feeling. You know, like when you see a trailer for a movie you have been waiting for the entire summer, and FINALLY there it is for your viewing pleasure. I actually have a book trailer for Few Are Angels that starts filming soon :)  
How do you market/promote your books?
Just recently I hired a PA and I’ve really see a difference in sales because of it. She sets up all my giveaways, Facebook and Twitter events. She’s created a street team for me and those in the street team help me with promoting my books. Social Media plays a great importance in promoting and marketing a book.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
It normally takes me six months to write a book, two months of self-edits, two months with a professional editor and then it’s off to the proofreader. So, all in it takes about a year maybe less. ; ) Immortal Heart took eight months.

Do you have a favourite genre of book?
I am in love with Multicultural Romances! I read a lot of books by Latrivia Nelson and Sienna Mynx!

Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books?
Maybe one day, I mean, I’ll see books that are 12.99, then the ebook is only 3.99. Money is tight, and everyone is looking to save a buck or two. I love paperbacks, but when money is tight, I check out the ebook. Then again, the library is free.  

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?


Where can readers follow you?

Your Blog Details?

Your Website?  




Your Twitter Details? @kris10inger

Don't forget to enter the Tour Wide Giveaway!



No comments:

Post a Comment