Tuesday 9 August 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW J.D.STROUBE

J. D. Stroube wrote Caged In Darkness
 J. D. Stroube is a debut author who lives in Naperville, Ill. She attends Roosevelt University, as a psychology major and hope s to one day open her own practice. She is currently at work on several novels and spends as much time as she can spare on reading, writing, and Goodreads.     


          


Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
Caged in Darkness is part of the Caged Series. The next book in the series will be out October the 14th 2011. I do have plans for more series! The first book in the hellhounds series will be released on December, 16th 2011.


Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?
In the few weeks before one of my books comes out, I do give some review copies out. The review copies usually go to bloggers or professional reviewers. However i have given out a few to readers.


Which format of book do you prefer, ebook, hardback, or paperback?
Honestly, I used to be the type of reader who couldn't imagine switching over to ebooks. However, i prefer them now! I like that i can carry an entire library with me all day.


What is your favourite book? and Why? Have you read it more than once?
Witch Fire by James Clements. I first read it when I was in junior high and it has remained a favourite ever since! It is my comfort book. I love the whole series, because james Clements has a talent for delivering surprises in the plot.


Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is your favourite/worst book to movie transfer?
I think it depends on the book. Harry Potter transferred well, but I have never liked how Twilight transferred. i think that most books make great television series though!


Who designs the Cover of your books?
Regina Wamba designed my covers. regina@maeidesign.com    http://www.maedesign.com/


What do you think about book trailers?
I think that they are interesting concept. I haven't really watched many, but I did see the one for "Pride and prejudice and Zombies", which I thought was amazing!


What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Write what you know and pull information from your past. When you develop a character or dialogue, imagine itin your mind like a dream, and then put it to paper, ;) If you have a difficult section to work on, write it in a journal first, and then typ it into your document. This is an easy way to polish what you write.


Do you or would you ever use a pen name?
I write under J.D. Stroube, which is my initials and last name. I would use a pen name if I wanted to try out a new genre that I didn't want to attach to my other books. However, I doubt I will ever do that.


Where can your readers follow you? 
My blog Http://jdstroube.weebly.com/blog.html
My website http://jdstroube.weebly.com/
My facebook page http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pag....
And on Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/484....




Thank you for taking part in this interview and allowing readers an insight into your writing world.







No comments:

Post a Comment