Saturday 1 April 2023

REVIEW - A TOUCH OF IRON - FATED FAE ELEMENTALS BY KARINA ESPINOSA

  

Title: A Touch Of Iron
Series:
Fated Fae ELementals
Author:
Karina Espinosa
Release Date:
10th March 2023

BLURB from Goodreads
The Unseelie Court is full of tricks.

And it doesn’t help when I’m betrayed by the closest person to me.

My life is unraveling as Ansel brings my mother to the Unseelie Court, using her as a hostage to control me. The Unseelie King thinks he has a hold on me but is sorely mistaken when I go to extreme lengths to get my mother back and gain my freedom.

Trouble is brewing in the Fae realm as I’m not the only one looking for a way out. Fae from both courts prepare to overthrow their leaders, but they need the help of the last dragon to accomplish their goals.

Life’s not easy in the Fae realm, and I’m going to have to go to battle if I ever want to make it home.

Goodreads Link

REVIEW
This book picks right up where bk2 ended so right back into the betrayal, danger and simmering romance! Violet really quite literally comes into all her powers. The King wishes to kill her, The Queen wants to hold her as a weapon to be weilded and theres a third group of people, the rebellion who want her to overthrow both monarchs and change the way the fae live. Secrets are revealed, with Ansel finally learning the real reason his brother Alec chose to join the King and the Unseelie. Everyone seems to want something from Violet. Violet also needs to decide whether she wishes to keep the orb and her powers as there is more than one source willing to remove it from her, leaving her free to live a normal life in the human world. The problem is who should Violet trust with the orb? Could the best option be for her to keep it herself to prevent it going to potentially the wrong sort of people. Also giving up the orb would mean her powers of protecting herself would also be gone. So to say Violet has lots of important decisions to make is an understatement.

Love, love, loved it! I don't usually 'do' fae but this I really loved! "Eventually we'll have to go back you know" also suggests there could be more which I would love. Got to say I totally agree with the decisions Violet made.

Enjoyed the mystery, intrigue reality of some characters will die. Not one person is all black bad or white good we are all shades of grey.

I really loved the love triangle Ansel always seemed like the safe option whereas Alec had that glint of mischief & mayhem about him. I enjoyed Violet being a strong female character not willing to hide behind either Ansel or Alec. I think Violet ends up with the right brother. I enjoyed the aspect of the difference between 'liking a lot' & 'loving' and the way Violet explains it. I really loved the character of Kazimir, at first in a I loved to hate him and then that turned it to gradually really liking, then loving his character. Kazimir has his reasons for the way he acts around Violet. In a way by not claiming her as his daughter he feels he is protecting her. As been known as his offspring would only put a larger target on her back. The new guy in this last book that I had a similar hate/love feel about was Creed and I did have an inkling who he was going to be. It's a shame we wonder to read more interactions between Creed & Violet.

Would be interested in more from these characters, whether that's in the near future or further down the line within another series. I am seriously looking out for more by this amazing author. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment