Thursday 27 December 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - LAURA HUNTER


1. What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
My name is Laura I was born in Sydney, Australia and now I live on the Central Coast of NSW, Australia.

2. Did you always want to be a writer? If not, what did you want to be?
As a child, I wanted to be an equine vet, or a vet nurse but that never came to fruition. But I always had the dream of writing a book.

3. Did it take a long time to get your first book published?
Not at all, I think it was the fastest process in history lol. I began writing it in May or June this year and got signed in September.

4. What is the name of your latest book and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words, what would you say?
My book is called “The Chronicles of Fire and Ice” and if I had to summarise it in less than 20 words I would say… a contemporary tale of good versus evil with angels and demons thrown in to the mix.

5. Who is your publisher? Or do you self publish?
My publisher is Xlibris, they are a self publishing/ print on demand company.

6. How long does it usually take you to write a book from the original idea to finishing writing it?
It took about 4 – 5 months to finish my first book, it might be faster for my second.

7. What can we expect from you in the future? More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I am currently working on book 2 of this series and book 1 of its sister series. But they will all be in the same genre, YA/ New adult urban fantasy. I also have a short story, unrelated to this book, which I am going to publish around Christmas so make sure you look out for that.

8. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
This book is part of a series which I have 4 books planned, and maybe 3 books in its sister series.

9. What genre would you place your books into?
New Adult Urban Fantasy

10. Do you have a favourite character from your books? And why are they your favourite?
As I have previously said, I love answering this question. Lakyn is my favourite character to write and in general because he is so fun to write and you never know what he is going to get up to next. He always surprises me.

11. If you had to choose to be one of your characters in your book/ books, which would you be? And why?
I would choose to be Scarlett, because of her awesome fire trait and she gets to be with a deliciously hot guy, Dyston.

12. How do you come up with the title and cover designs for your book/ books? Who designed the cover of your books?
With the title I played around with a few aspects of the themes in my book to see what sounded good and that was also unique. And the amazing Regina Wamba from Mae I Design and Photography designed my beautiful cover. I am still overwhelmed at how amazing it is. She did a great job.

13. Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?
For my first book I began writing it then chose the title that best suit it, but for the next few books, I have already chosen the titles.

14. Is there a certain author that influenced your writing?
Cassandra Clare, Phillip Pullman, Dan Brown and Kathy Reichs have all influenced me in some way.

15. Do you think children at schools these days are encouraged enough to read? And/ or do imaginative writing?
Its not so much that they are encouraged to read or write, I think they are, its whether they want to or not. I think that’s the biggest problem with teenagers.

16. Are there any new authors you are interested in for us to watch out for? And why should we watch out for them?
If I had to list all the authors I have met or know who are awesome you would see about ten pages worth, and I don’t want to offend anyone by not listing them, but these are the books I have enjoyed recently and I think they deserve more attention: Theo Lawrence –Mystic City, lovely guy, you should follow him, Melissa Andrew – Flutter, also lovely, Jen Wylie – Broken Aro, again another sweetheart, and my best friend E.S Knight is working on her first book so watch out for her.

17. If you could invite three favourite authors to dinner, who would you invite and enjoy chatting with?


Where can readers follow you?




Blog: http://llhunter.blogspot.com.au

BUYING LINKS provided by Author

Amazonhttp://www.amazon.com/The-Chronicles-Fire-Ice-ebook/dp/B00A8GEUQQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1353289205&sr=1-1&keywords=the+chronicles+of+fire+and+ice

Barnes and Noble (paperback only at this point- if you want a nook copy please click on "request from publisher"
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-chronicles-of-fire-and-ice-ll-hunter/1113778530?ean=9781479740307

Kobo
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-Chronicles-of-Fire-Ice/book-L7fpHXcLfUu3BqJ0kQd35A/page1.html?s=az5OKQTKbkOVycbB1uPObA&r=1

I am still in the process of finding the other stores where my is! But if you find it somewhere I haven't mentioned please let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment