Friday 6 January 2017

DOUBLE REVIEW - ALONE TIME & GIRL'S NIGHT OUT - VISITS TO PETAL SERIES BY LAUREN DANE

Title: Alone Time
Series: Visits To Petal
Author: Lauren Dane
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Release Date: 4th September 2012

BLURB from Goodreads
Visits to Petal, Part 1
***This free story is bonus material for readers of the Chase brothers and Petal, Georgia, series and is not intended to be standalone.***

It’s date night in Petal, Georgia, and Nathan, Matt and Shane have some long-awaited alone time with their women and they’re not about to let that opportunity go.


PURCHASE LINKS

REVIEW
To be totally honest I didn't read the Goodreads Blurb for this book, which is unusual as I do normally check out a book/novella I want to read on Goodreads first. I'd read the two Cascadia Wolves novella's, loved them and wanted to try another title or two by Lauren Dane and as this one was free I just downloaded it and read it.
The cover features a couple passionately embracing and undressing so of course suggests romance and though some people on Goodreads have classified this as erotica, to me, I'd say even though its a novella there is enough plot/story line in it, sure it has some steaminess suggested, but is mostly romantic. This book introduces you to the Chase's, very well as well as giving you a good idea of their family dynamics as a whole as well as how their own homes and their own little part of Petal are. I think its amusing how all the Chase brothers want is a little alone time with their partners whilst their parents are looking after the children.. One character in the novella also has an important announcement for her partner once they are alone.
I think reading this novella has given me a good idea of the family at the centre of it all in Petal and I do think I will adding the Chase Brothers Series to my "Want To Read List".
To sum up I still enjoyed reading this novella even though it wasn't necessarily the order they are meant to be read in. 

Title: Girls Night Out
Series: Visits To Petal
Author: Lauren Dane
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Samhain Publishing
Release Date: 3rd September 2013

BLURB from Goodreads
Party time? Nobody does it better than the Murphys and the Chases.

Lily and Nathan’s wedding is just a few short weeks away, and the Murphys and Chases are doing their parties up right!

It’s Friday, and the women head to the Pumphouse to celebrate with cocktails, cake, and laughter. The men? They’re at the Tonk for beers, wings, and trash talk.

Throw in party games, penis hats, and crazy-eyed ex-fiancĂ©es, and it’s bound to be a night they’ll be talking about for a long, long time.


Goodreads Link

PURCHASE LINKS
Amazon US
Amazon UK

REVIEW
Once again I'm being totally honest here, I didn't read the Goodreads Blurb for this book, which is unusual as I do normally check out a book/novella I want to read on Goodreads first. I'd read the Alone Time novella, loved the character within the novella and wanted to try the next title in this series by Lauren Dane and as this one was also free I just downloaded it and read it.
The cover features a couple embracing, so of course suggests romance and though once again, some people on Goodreads have classified this as erotica, to me, I'd say that when put together with "Alone Time" there is a plot. As standalone novella there wasn't enough plot, or enough information, and moving on in a storyline for me. Having said that both this novella and the one featured above in this post are meant to be read as additional stories to the Chase Brothers Series not as I have read them as though prequels. Total honesty here, they were free to download so I thought I'll read them and see if I like the characters that I get a glimpse of in them. Well they worked in that way for me as I took a liking to the characters and would let to get to know them more. This series may not be paranormal, so is not featuring a pack of shifters ,but there seems to be a very strong family unit at the centre of these novella's that I would certainly like to read more about.
So Lily and Nathan are soon to be tying the not and in this novella the men are at a bachelor party and the women a bachelorette (or as we would say in the UK a hen party). So we see how the males act and react with the other male members of their family, and the same with the bacholerette's dressing up and having a "theme" for their evening.
I do think I will adding the Chase Brothers Series to my "Want To Read List".
To sum up I still enjoyed reading this novella even though it wasn't necessarily the order they are meant to be read in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment