- What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?My name is J. Conrad. I was born in Saint Louis, Missouri and I now live in Cedar Park, Texas, in the United States.
- Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?Yes, I've always wanted to be a writer from about the time I first starting picking up books as a child.
- What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20words what would you say?My first book is called Lake Caerwych. I would sum it up as: Thrown 2,500 years into Welsh antiquity, Bridget Holland returns from death several times to solve mysteries of the ancient past.
- Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?Yes, I am about two-thirds of the way through writing, The Space Between Worlds, which is the Book #2 of the series.
- What genre would you place your books into?Young Adult Fantasy
- Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?I have never done it, but would love to. If anyone wants to read Lake Caerwych and review it, I'd be happy to send them a free copy of the eBook.
- How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?I chose the title “Lake Caerwych” for two reasons. One: Llyn Caerwych in Wales is an integral part of the girls' adventure. Two: Because of this, I originally just wanted to call the book “Llyn Caerwych,” but knew that most American readers would probably have no idea what that meant. “Lake Caerwych” seems to be a good compromise.The cover came to me when I was researching an area of northwest Wales. I wanted to convey to readers the mysterious beauty of the place the characters visit, while at the same time giving them a glimpse of the pendant that embarks Bridget and Celena on their journey.Artist Cynthia Bowler designed the cover.
- What do you think makes a book a really good/bestseller ?I have a very simple answer to what we might consider a complex subject: I think what makes a book a bestseller is a great idea. For example, J. K. Rowling had a great idea, and look at her now! Nothing can stop a great idea - not walls, bullets, oceans. Nothing.
- Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?Yes, I drew a lot of the inspiration for Lake Caerwych from my daughter Bridget and my best friend from high school.
- What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?My favourite book is The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I love her style of writing and the world she created in those pages. I have read it 6 times.
- What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?My advice is to read a lot, write a lot and restructure your life as needed so that you can do those things. Get connected up with other writers and read their books and blogs so that you can get new viewpoints and improve your writing. Never let anyone or anything stop you from writing. Only you know what you can really do, so go out there and do it
Any other Information you would like to add? Where can your fans follow you?Website: http://jconradfantasy.com
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Lake-Caerwych-ebook/dp/B0055HRF24/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1319819829&sr=1-1.BLURB taken from GoodreadsThrown 2,500 years into the past, Bridget Holland returns from death several times trying to solve mysteries of the ancient past. Accompanied by her best friend, Celena, the two American teenagers have to outsmart the diabolical plan of a man who murdered his own tribal chieftain – a man from antiquity who is so dangerous that he may have figured out how to hurt them in the present day. Join them in their search for answers buried by the silt of a long-forgotten lake and experience the startling connection between themselves and two girls who were burned alive in those prehistoric days.