1. What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?
Hi I’m Addison Moore and I was born and raised and reside in California.
2. What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
I write the Celestra Series which include ETHEREAL, TREMBLE, BURN and WICKED (Coming out this month). The series revolves around Skyla Messenger a high school junior who learns she belongs to the coveted Celestra faction of angels.
3. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
The Celestra series should have about 6 or so books before it concludes. If it goes longer than that I totally blame the characters.
4. How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write?
I’ve been writing all my life but very seriously for the last fifteen years
5. How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
My husband and I come up with the titles and covers. He has great input and I always include him in this process.
6. Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you? All the time! It’s impossible not to. At some point a writers entire life gets mixed into the stories they write. I think it’s part human nature and part cathartic.
7. Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing?
I wouldn’t say just one author, but I would say, books in general and reading lots and lots of them!
8. Which format of book do you prefer, ebook,hardback, or paperback?
E-books hands down. I honestly thought I’d hold onto paper until the bitter end, but I’ve quickly acclimated to the dark side and LOVE my e-books!
9. What is your favourite book and Why? Have you read it more than once?
I love The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. Something about the writing speaks to me.
10. Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst book to movie transfer?
This is really a tough question. I’m such a visual reader that I need to feel like I’m seeing a movie when I read a book, so by the time the movie comes out I feel like I’ve already seen a version of it.
11. What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)
Right now I’m reading, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia. (Please see my own blog review of Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl's book here )
12. What piece of advice would you give to a new writer? Read a lot in your genre! And write at least five times a week. It’s really easily to want to write, but it takes discipline to sit down and do it. So adopt the Nike slogan and just do it!
Where can readers follow you? I love responding to readers so feel free to drop by any of these places!
Thank you SO much for hosting me! This was a pleasure!!
Addison Moore’s Amazon page;
Thank you for taking the time to do this interview!