Sunday 8 March 2015

PROMOTION - BOOKS BY LAMANI H. PIRES DEPINA

Title: Identity On the Run
Author: Lamani H. Pires Depina

BLURB supplied by the Author
What Christina has yet to realize is that her past can never be buried. The darkness that lies ahead will forever change the lives of Christina and her mother. A man wearing a red hood begins stalking Christina and finally commits a vicious attack on her. After the incident, Christina has no memory about the attack, or can she bring it back? Now it will be up to police detectives to investigate and to help Christina try to remember as much as she can in order to solve this case. Detectives will have to work hard to bring Christina’s stalker to justice. Their final solution will shock you!

Title: Identity On The Run 2
Author: Lamani H. Pires Depina

BLURB supplied by Author
Trying to live a normal life has been anything but an easy task. The bad dreams and nightmares never seem to go away. The fears of it happening all over again weighs very heavy on the mind. Flashbacks and visions, of what happened on that dark cold night continues to haunt her. A few years have past since Christina suffered the vicious and what could have been a fatal attack, at the hands of a man wearing a red hood. Since then, police have made an arrest and claims to have the person responsible in custody. Or do they? With only little time left until trial, police detectives make desperate, but failed attempts to get their key witness Christina to come forward and testify. With out a key wittiness then the suspect walks free. Will Christina step forward and testify, or will she be left dead silent?





AUTHOR INTERVIEW

What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now? 
My name is Lamani Pires Depina. I was born in Boston Massachusetts, where I currently reside.

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be? 
No! growing up as a child, I always wanted to become an police officer. While attending middle school, I developed a passion for writing. 

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?
Identity on the run 2 the nightmare continues on. Its a sequel to my first book Identity on the run. It took me sometime to write the sequel because I wanted it to be perfect! I didn't want to rush it, so I allowed myself plenty of time to rewrite certain parts. I think readers will really enjoy it. To summarize it in less than 20 words, I would say,  A great mystery crime / horror story, filled with uncontrollable emotion and suspense. 

Do you have a "lucky charm" or "lucky routine" you follow when waiting for your book to be accepted by a publisher? 
No! I dont have any lucky charms! but I do have a weird routine for when I start writing a book. Normally when I start writing a book, I dont cut my hair. I turn off all the lights in the house and close all the blinds to the windows until my house is completely dark. I do this for however long it takes me to complete my book and get it published. 

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it? 
Well! sine life is very busy for me, it can take any where from 6 months to a year. I like to take my time when writing. However, I have written and published two books in the very same year, Just months apart from each other.  

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre? 
You can expect a memoir about my life. Along with some some Independent films that I have started to write. I also like the Idea of writing a children's book.     

Do you have a favourite out of the books you have written? If so why is it your favourite? 
Yes! my favorite book that I have written is titled What if ?
Its another mystery/ horror book. This book is compelled with so many short stories that started off as book ideas. I had written them down in my journal. At first they were very long stories but I shorten them and bunched them up into single stories. So this book feels a little more personal to me.  

Do you have a favourite character from your books? and why are they your favourite? 
Identity on the run and my new book, Identity on the run 2 the nightmare continues on, surrounds a female character by the name of Christina. She is probably my favorite Character! Reason being, at different moments she is very courageous and strong, but then at times she is fragile and timid. 

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write? 
I have been writing since middle school. So quiet some time now. [Laughs] It was my middle school writing teacher Bill Bengay whom inspired me to read and write. During class he would give us endless writing assignments, and so much writing to do for homework. If you were in his class then you really had no other choice but to enjoy writing.  If he is still alive today and is reading this, I would like to say thank you! for always encouraging me to write.

Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?ie. Your partner, children, friends, reviewers you know? 
I usually have a few editors on my team who looks over my material and edits it. I am probably by far one of the worst spellers. I probably brake every grammar rule their is. 

How do you come up with the Title and Cover Designs for your book/books?Who designed the Cover of your books?
Well its funny because I can write a book and have no name for it. It usually takes several days of me rereading what I have written in order to come up with a title. When I write, I try to envision everything happening at that very moment, then a visual of my book cover comes to mind. I design my own book  covers.

How do you market/promote your books?
 I have a great marketing team whom dose a fantastic job of getting  word out about my books. I also have a small following of fans whom are very loyal. 

What do you think makes a book a really good/bestseller ? 
You know what! I dont know! I have read some very good books from some very talented Authors. All the books I have read have had very great storylines. I guess it would have to be a story that captures the readers attention throughout the reading.

Have you ever suffered from a "writer's block"? What did you do to get past the "block"?
 I believe every talented writer has experienced some sort of writers block. I have myself on numerous occasions. When it happens to me, I just try to focus on something else besides writing.

What do you do to unwind and relax?Do you have a hobby? 
When I am not writing, I enjoy spending time with my family. I also enjoy long walks on the beach, walking my dog, baking cookies and nitting! [laughs] Im joking! 

Are there any hidden messages or morals contained in your books? (Morals as in like Aesops Fables type of "The moral of this story is..") 
My first book Identity on the run, I  purposely didn't number my pages. Reason for me doing this was because while I was growing up, I learned to write before being able to tell time. This is still somewhat embarrassing! So I thought that It would be cool to incorporate this into my profession. 

Is there a certain Author that influenced you in writing? 
Not really! However, I really enjoyed reading several books from authors, Ernest Hemingway, Dean Koontz and Steven King.

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst  book to movie transfer? 
I think it all depends on whom the movie director and writers are. I myself find it very challenging to write short films based off my books. I really dont have a favorite or worst.  

Do you think ebooks will ever totally replace printed books? 
We cant be to sure! I mean the internet has dramatically changed the world and how we do things. You can do just about anything online now. I am not a big fan of ebooks. I really enjoy owning a physical copy of a book. If we think about colleges, you still need to purchase text books from the bookstore.
                                               
Do you think children at schools these days are encouraged enough to read? and/or do Imaginative writing? 
Honestly, no! I feel as if times are different from when I was growing up. My son comes home from school with only math and spelling homework. I must have gotten one note, stating that the parents should encourage their children to read. I use to get books to take home and plenty of reading and writing assignments. 

Do you have a treasured book from your childhood?
 If yes, what is it? Yes! Chicken soup with rice, Green eggs & ham, How to kill a mocking bird, and I know why the cage bird sings.

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer? 
Dont write for fame or money! write because its your passion! Never put down your pen or pencil for to long.

If you could invite three favourite writers to dinner, who would you invite and enjoy chatting with? 
Ernest Hemingway,  Edgar Allan Poe, and my childhood friend Matthew A Parker whom is a Poet and Author. This would be a very interesting conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment